Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Learning Respect

by Joe Laurinaitis
(E-mail to Greg Price at NWALegends.com)

Johnny Weaver was a great human being. He helped break me in the business and I will always be thankful for that.

One funny story that Sgt. Slaughter and I laughed about many times is when I was wrestling Johnny Weaver in Fayetteville N.C. Johnny was very popular, and me being so very green at the time, I came back to the dressing room talking to Sarge and Don Kernodle saying "there is no way they will believe that Johnny Weaver can put me to sleep."

Well the rib was on me when I was throwing Johnny around. In the middle of this, Johnny put his arm up in the air and just moved two of the fingers on his had to the crowd like he was saying "Come on, come with me. Help me beat up this muscle head." And the crowd went nuts and I was amazed and I respected Johnny from that day on, and I had hoped some day I could have that kind of control. Sarge and Kernodle laughed as they already knew.

God Bless you Johnny and take care of the boys who left us way too early!

- Road Warrior Animal Joe Laurinaitis
(Part of an e-mail exchange with Greg Price, Feb. 2008. Visit NWALegends.com)