Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sad Time

by Mike Cline

Such a sad, sad time.

At my house, Johnny Weaver WAS Jim Crockett Promotions and Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling. I can think of no one who was more of a "good will ambassador" for them for twenty-five+ years. He wore many hats and wore them all well.

On a personal level, how fortunate I am. Thanks to Peggy Lathan, Dick Bourne and David Chappell, a hero of mine for forty-five years became a personal friend, and I shall treasure the times in the last three years I was able to spend with Johnny.

With help (including Johnny's), I have been working on a feature for the MID-ATLANTIC GATEWAY concerning Johnny's fantastic program with Dory Funk Jr. and his quest to win the NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

A little time will have to pass for now, but as soon as possible, I shall submit it to the Gateway for publication.

THANKS JOHNNY---GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS.

Mike Cline